Interesting artivcle

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Interesting artivcle

Post by Xanthippe »

See the following link for A recent interview with Vanessa-Mae

The interview once more underlines that she had a quite a abnormal and stressful youth and life. All makes her choice for a break in her career more understandable. I hope that the fulfillment of her Olympic dream make her revive and take up her musical part of her career soon.

Anyway this nice photo goes with the interview:

I really like the white dress and her lips, finger- and toenails painted in matching cherry red.
CarrollTowerCX

Re: Interesting artivcle

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Xanthippe,

Thank you very much for this very interesting interview. I think this is the most truthful and insightful interview given by Vanessa-Mae about her early life and her life in general. It really shows you much about her life and her relationship with her Mother. Remember, earlier she had said that if her British Father, Graham had interfered with her mothers methods, that he would have had "His head bit off!".

Very interesting, indeed!

Also, beautiful photo of our Violin Princess.

Here is another photo from the article I like:

CX

ImageLED-ZEP-41 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

There are many private things in the report she shouldnt say to public and should hush them up, I think, but it seems to be resentful and she needs to tell what she felt in her early years in this way.
Nevertheless, If it's true what she told, it's rather inacceptable what Vanessa's mother did. I guess it was lack of affection and bad behaviour in Pamela's education focusing on the music. Actually, she was wrong and now she doesnt want to admit it and forget it at all.
Moreover, it's always the same thing and they must reconciliate and to have a rapprochement by the way.
On the one hand, I think the past is gone, and people can make mistakes with close friends, family and so on, however, on the other I wouldnt say Vanessa was too spoilt in some ways.

Interesting indeed.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Addenda to all of the above posts.

It is obvious that Vanessa's Mother was the main and guiding factor; even though, verbally and physically abusive; in Vanessa-Mae's rise as a child prodigy, and to becoming a World famous Violinist!

The statement of hers about being physically slapped in the face by her music teacher must only refer to Vasko Vasilev and not Professor Andrejeski. The Professor was too mature a person to do such a thing, while Vasko, was younger and resided in her family home and traveled with Vanessa on tour. Also he is most likely to have cried after Vanessa, at 15, slapped him back!

I like the reference Vanessa made , saying she should be thinking of making another album! That would be great, now that her childhood dream has been fulfilled.

CX
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

I'm a bit torn about Vanessa discussing this with the public (certain things should probably be left in the past), but I'm NOT torn as to what was done. Is it abuse? Slapping itself is probably not abuse, but definitely out of bounds and unacceptable. There is also verbal and emotional abuse too.

My mother was heavy handed like Pamela's; and while I love my mother to death, I do not condone the actions. You wouldn't strike an adult for making you upset, so striking a defenseless child should be seen in the same light, no?

On the other hand, being grown myself I realize that my mother's actions mirror that of her mother's. It's a vicious cycle that seemingly never ends. At that point, I knew I had to forgive and let it go. It is no excuse, but it is an explanation.

It is no wonder she is not married, nor does she want children. Her parents split when she was very young, and she never speaks of her stepfather as being a great influence either, which in itself is telling. Seeing such relationships, it's no wonder she sees little value in marriage--because all of her life, she's never witnessed what a good marriage is all about. That doesn't bode well for the children either.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Thought provoking .

CX