Lame introduction & request :-)

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Dahabibi

Lame introduction & request :-)

Post by Dahabibi »

Okay, first, lamest introduction ever: Hi, I'm Dahabibi, I'm from the Netherlands, and I'm a Vanessa Mae fan. No, really. I became a fan when I saw her perform at the Michael Jackson and Friends concert in Munich, in 1999 (or was it '98?).

Unfortunately, I don't own any cd's or dvd's as I can't bloody find them anywhere in stores. (Well, I found a few of the classical ones, but I'm not too impressed with her as a classical artist... I'm more interested in her as a pop artist, and those cd's are quite elusive here).

Thus, I resorted to downloading her music, and also some videos.
But, a few months ago, my harddisk crashed, taking all the media files with it to PC heaven. Gone. Everything. Luckily I found most of it back.
All the MP3's I remembered having, and most of the videos I had, too.

Except one:

Vanessa, Live at the Royal Albert Hall (Red Hot Tour) - Contradanza.
Have several downloads pending in both Kazaa and Bearshare, but they ain't going nowhere and I'm getting tired of waiting. Also, I haven't seen it offered on the net anywhere.

Also, any other videos (preferably live performances) of Vanessa with her Electric violin would be much welcome.

Someone help me?
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Hi Dahabibi, and welcome to the community.

We dont trade/share copywrited material in this forum as this community is rather close to the artist and its management. We do however have a rather large collection of stuff that is in the public domain, sutch as videos, interviews and live recordings.

I do have a few live version of contradenza including the one you are talking about. I could make it available to you if someone else dont have it already on a server or something.

As for the videos ... well ... you will have to be a bit more specific about what you are looking for. My personnal collection is well over 7 gigabyte and i m sure its is a small collection compared to the ones other regular contributors. In the last 10 years she did an awfull lot of TV aprearances and shows.

Almost all her CD are still inprint. You just have to shop in the right country. You should try amazon, I m sure you will find em all on amazon england or amazon germany.

Atre.
Dahabibi

Post by Dahabibi »

Thank you, Artreides

I'm only asking for these videos, because as far as I know, I have no other way of obtaining them. Vanessa Mae cd's and dvd's are very elusive her, especially the pop albums, as I don't think she's really 'big''here in Holland. I've looked in several stores, but no dice.

I can't order anything online as I don't have a credit card or pay pal, and most websites don't offer any other kind of payment for overseas shipping :( I would love to own the Red Hot tour DVD, and I've been looking for years...

Anyway, if you can send me the contradanza video, and maybe some others, I would be really grateful :)

What I'm looking for specifically.. well, basically live performanses of her pop songs, and popular classics, but on her electric violin. Since I don't really know for which songs videos are available, I can't name any titles, sorry. I already have Red Hot, Classical Gas, Caprice 24, Cotton Eye Joe and Toccata & Fugue from the Red Hot Tour, and Storm from the Brits classic awards. I don't know if there are other videos of different performances of the same songs?

Also, and this just out of curiousity, is there video available for her performance at the Michael Jackson & Friends concert in Munich in 1999?
I taped it when it was originally aired (and I was there in Munich, too!), but I lost the tape! (I remember she performed Storm, Toccata & Fugue, Red Hot and Devil's Trill, and she was wearing a pink strapless top and black baggy pants)

If you prefer, you can email me at dahabibi at hotmail dot com.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Dahabibi,

I am from the Netherlands too, actually I live in Groningen. I am a fan from even before she became world famous with the release of The Violin Player.

Yes, it is true, the older albums are often not standard available in the Dutch stores anymore.

But you can order them online at the Free Record Shop or at Van Leest. and get it deelivered at a store nearby. You will pay in the store when you collect your item

Both video tapes of 'Vanessa-Mae live at The Royal Albert Hall' and 'Vanessa-Mae live at the Berlin Philharmonie' were available in our country.

Videos of Vanessa-Mae's performances in Munich and Seoul for the Michael Jackson & Friends concerts are available on bijstergs server. Just ask him for login data.
Dahabibi

Post by Dahabibi »

I live in Groningen, too :)

I will also try my luck at the The Cd & Record fair in Utrecht, in october, I think. It's in De JaarbeursHal, and I've been there before, and I've found many rare items there (I'm also a huge Michael Jackson fan).

When I was in Munich, I got to see Vanessa up close, I was in the front, 3d or 4th row, and at one point she was standing on the fence in front of the crowd (two guys were holding her) while she was playing Devil's Trill.
I was very impressed with her performance there.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi, you live in Groningen too!! That is realy nice to hear.

I saw Vanessa-Mae in Munich on television and taped it. The quality of my tape in bad unfortunately, I was having recorder problems at that time.

Anyway, Vanessa-Mae's performance in Munich was impressive. Of all the performing musicians, only Michael Jackson received more ovations for the audience than our Vanessa-Mae. She was very spectacular when she was standing on that fence above the audience.

She dis the same show in South Korea too. I have that one in digital format.

Both are on bijsterg's server. Yuo can download them from there. As I said, the Munich performance has only a poor quality, but nevertheless nice to have in a collection.

Most of my Vanessa-Mae collection is on my wesite, see the link in my signature!
hehuiyong

Post by hehuiyong »

i can see here r lots of VM fans in Netherlands, just say hi to you all!
BrightStrings

Post by BrightStrings »

Vanessa-Mae is BIG here in Thailand.