Vanessa-Mae: why do we admire and like her so much - Because of her music or her looks?

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Jason Tee
VMF Reg

Post by Jason Tee »

I admire Vanessa Mae because of what she is...

I love her music...

Simple...

:)
Jason Tee
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Hi,

You mean Vanessa plays music? Why did nobody mention this before?

only kidding - for me it has to be a bit of both talent and impression. I must admit to being a little less excited when I find, for example, a new Lou Reed clip on the net than one of Vanessa's but I'm generally just as excited to see a video as listen to a new audio track. That said, I do remain curious, even for myself, as to what makes her so compelling that I continue to visit this forum each week to check the news... maybe it is the "whole package" as Rijko said.

good discussion point.

Regards,

Lorjou.
jintan

Post by jintan »

To me Vanessa-mae is more talented than she is beautiful. I cannot think of any other living violinist who is more talented (although there are several with equal ability). However, I need not look very far to find someone more beautiful because there is one in this Forum (sorry Glenn I will take my cold shower after this). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am entitled to my opinion. Vanessa-mae is beautiful but her pronounced jaw can be rather intimidating although her other features are very alluring.
Why my interest in her? Well I think her music career is like a story, and this story has a very interesting beginning. Many violinists are stuck in time, whereas she dares to be different and takes substantial risks in her music. Her dressing at times can be controversial and I do not like that aspect of it at all, but that is her choice and none of my business. She is brilliant and seems to know her bearing in life. To me the story is still unfolding, and subsequent chapters could be even more exciting. I hope this story has a great ending, and goes down in history as an epic for future generations to appreciate.
My participation in this Forum is a means to continue hearing the story.
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

Because of her Happy Valleys, such gQhrjazz Butterflie and those strong violins. I hope she comes back soon from her snowflocking white rocking Tour in spring and that she often flies to me.

Qin amQhr
Ever an opnEAR
Jason Tee
VMF Reg

Post by Jason Tee »

Anyways,

Vanessa Mae is the BEST among the BESTS.....
Jason Tee
Darius

Post by Darius »

I know one thing: I started to go crazy by Her only after I heard "Aurora". Then I interested:eah, who is that girl? And only then I came to webpages, dedicated to VM, and said: oh, she is not only talent, but also beautiful! So, for me, the thing, what makes Vanessa so special, is her talent, and her beauty is just big bonus to her talent. Of course, beauty is important for commertcial success.
----Driven to Perfection----
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Now for me it is almost the same.
first I heard T&F on the radio.
Liked it a lot and then searched around to find out more.
So the music comes first for me.
That she is a stunning, good looking lady is just an added bonus.
:p
Haboek :smokin:
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

the musical skills are coming first.
when I attend her 1st songs I found on net
I really surprise .. how can she do that
at that time, I don't care how she looks..
still finding more songs
after I fall in love with her musics,
I try to find out how she looks
oh, she's very pretty.. :laugh:

for me .. if she's ugly
it doesn't matter to me.

more songs I listen to, much more to love her.
happyvalley80

Post by happyvalley80 »

hi RIJKO:

WHY DO WE ADMIRE VANESSA MAE n LIKE HER SO MUCH?
for me i think is because of her beauty looks at first,and she plays electric violin like so full of energy,like nobody has did it before.

second is her creative,inspiration to make a new kind of music,like acoustic fusion music.seem like she is full of spirit to making a new change to tradisional classical music,n lead violin music to a new way. :p

the three reason is because of her talent on violin music,coz since her young,she is a prodigy for violin.and also for her friendly n nice character,unlike others pop singers or famous movie star,they r so arogant n bad manner.

and also she can do the thing that we normally can't do it,can achieve it.that why we like her so much!!!
Alberto B.

Post by Alberto B. »

well first of nothing i'm a teenager and the adults knows at this age you first of nothing see the beauty of a person in the exterior, when i see Vanessa Mae at first time in the TV first of nothing i think "is a beautiful girl" ( :cool: well this is because for me the asian girls are good looking, ok ok probably dont have the attributes of a latin girl :p but the asian girls are so pretty) well returning to the topic after i see her i can hear she's music and that was the reason i'm a fan of her, i think this say all:
.....the thing, what makes Vanessa so special, is her talent, and her beauty is just big bonus to her talent.....
well this is opinion. :;):
kernkraft

Post by kernkraft »

I became a fan of Vanessa-Mae when I heard her music. I didn't even know her face so I guess that answers your question in nutshell.

Although Vanessa is beautiful, her looks do not appeal to me and the only reason why I am a fan is because her music sustains my interest.
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

For me, it was her beauty that first attracked me. I first saw her Storm on World tour documentory and was hooked. I wanted to know as much as i could about her so i started looking on the net for info on her and downloaded a few of her earlier peices. I enjoyed them quite a lot and went out and got the songs on CD.
if VM wasnt as attractive, i dont think i would of been interested in her at all, nor would i be here.
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
DAN1EL

Post by DAN1EL »

I saw to Vanessa-Mae in the news in 1995, i was the first time that i saw her playing the violin. I felt attracted by the incredible combination of beauty and talent, i never saw something similar. Since then, I like her beauty and her music. Her music and the classic music is the unique music that I listen, in addition her is a source of insipiración for me, her is and her will be already part of my life.
| ) /-\ |\| | E |_
DAN1EL

Post by DAN1EL »

....inspiration...

sorry :p
| ) /-\ |\| | E |_
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Tell you what guys, this looks/talent thing is completely crazy. Vanessa is where she is today because of her ability - pure and simple. The fact that she also happens to be gorgeous just means that watching her perform takes on that "extra dimension".

If all of her success was down to her looks, firstly she would have been "rumbled" and fallen from grace right now, or secondly she would have done a Linda "let's pose nude for playboy" Brava.

She is what she is for one reason - Vanessa is the complete package. Simple as that.
:p