best of VM - how do u c the enhanced thing?

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

losthk

Post by losthk »

when i bought the best of vm, it saids there si this thing tht is enhanced.. liek track 17. My was bought from taiwan, but i dont think it has any different than the english version, since it only have an extra booklet. Other than tht, everythign si the same, howeva... i been tryin to c the enhanced video, but i cant.. can anyoen tell me y? or wut i should use as a method to c?
§ÚªÎ¦º°Õ*sniff sniff*<=vic
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Put CD in your computer and search folders for a ~53MB file named EPK.mov (or similar name). You will need Apples Quicktime 6 to play it. You can download the player from free Apple at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/ then go through their multi step hassel to get it dl & installed.
Glenn
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

my cd : autorun include software to install :D
losthk

Post by losthk »

arite!! danz
-edit-
well i tried... but i can't c anything.... at this pt... i tried to open it with quick time.. but nothing happen.. says no file could be found... help again=.=( i realli dumb)
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

On my CD , the bonus video is in the folder :
drive letter:\DATA\QTS

And the file is names 2SPEED.mov

So the fulle file path could be something like:
D:\DATA\QTS\2SPEED.mov

Simply double click on that file and if you have quicktime installed it will open automatically.

Or another way would be to double click on the file names START.EXE at the root of the CD.

I hope this helps... ... ...

Atre

P.S. You aint dumb, just not a geek that spend on arage 18 hours a day behind a keyboard like us.
losthk

Post by losthk »

well..i give up.. :banghead: GRR... danz for trying to comfort me... howeva.... i m still not getting anything open..=.=.. anyhow.. danz for y'all tht tried to help....
gaven
VMF Reg

Post by gaven »

I just put mine in the CD drive & it Automaticly started playing the Art of War e.v.e

It is hard to work out what is going on with your computer, one would think if you have Qtime it should work but :pcangry: computers seem to have a mind of there own somtimes :btear:
gaven
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Well, I don't own this CD ... :paeek:

We could continue to try to help. I would need to know what operating system you are using. Perhaps what letter (if any) is assigned to your CD-Rom drive. In the end, it may require a lot of trust, and the use of a "Remote Assistance" program (like MSN Messenger or Windows XP).
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

it might be a defect but EMI shall not be liable for any actual of consequential damages arising from the use of, or the inability to use the program. i have a friend who also have the problem same as yours. :(
iamyoursam

Post by iamyoursam »

Well, it´s just an idea, but you could try seeing the video in another computer. If that doesn´t work, then it might be a problem with the cd itself
Cuando el sol se oculta
el viento me acaricia
las estrellas aparecen
el mar me susurra amor.
When the sunset comes
the wind caresses me
the stars appear
the sea whispers me love.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Ok!
I believe you are talking about the best of...
Ltd edition with the photo album, that comes
in a cardboard sleeve.
cat #7243 5 57329 03

If so I must also say that I have the same problem
except every time I even place the disc into my drive
it locks my system up causing me to pull the plug. Image

My advice is, see if you can obtain the European or US version.

Rijko does your copy work?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Actually I have two copies of this cd. One regular European release and an Asian special edition with a photo album, abd both have the enhanced video element.

In the main directory is a 'Start' icon. Double click will start the video.

Moreover, I also possess a EMI demo version of the 'Best of' cd, which doesn't have 'Art of War' audio nor enhanced video element.

BTW, scans of the photo album can be found in the multi-media section of the FSVM website.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Rijko,
does your copy of the Ltd Best of.... (with photo album)video work?
mine doesn't, it just crashes my System.

I have he 'Normal' Enhanced version and that plays OK!
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Arioch,

The enhanced video element works fine on both my cd's. I have no problems whatsoever.
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Arioch & Losthk

You may want to use a boot disk (floppy-start disk), boot to DOS, then explore the CD and copy the .mov file to the Hard Drive. Then remove the CD & Boot disk and restart normally. This should at least get the file away from the CD and possibly to a more managable location. Hope you remember your DOS commands.

Above is the brute force method. The problem likely is the auto run feature is enabled for your CD Drive on your PC. You can turn that off but I forget how. Google/Yahoo search should reveal the method. Problem root is likely that EMI's chosen method of auto run is not compatable with your operating system which to me is very bizzare, but then again, it is EMI we are talking about.
Glenn